Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wonderful and Whimsical Wednesday Ramblings

I don't have much to share this evening but I wanted to put something out here...  Most of it will be random but you might be interested;-)

We've been reading a story this week about MLK, Jr.  It's not the story we all think of when we hear the name Martin Luther King, Jr.  This story is about Martin's childhood and it's told by his older sister.  Some of the questions I've heard this week make me giggle.  One student asked if I was alive when Martin Luther King, Jr. was alive.  I did tell the class that I WASN'T alive when MLK, Jr. was.  He died in 1968 and I was not born until later in the 70s....  

We began our week with a little information about Nelson Mandela, too.  I think that was good information to start with because I remember when Nelson Mandela died last December.  In some of the information that we looked at about this great leader, we learned that he was born in 1918.  Someone again asked if I was born then....NOPE.

Word Work for today was with BOGGLE.  Do you ever play BOGGLE at home?  Today we were looking for long e and short e vowel patterns.  While I have not gotten to be at this center yet, I am very thankful that our high school helper is there to work with the kids.
 BOGGLE is one of my favorite word games and I hope to get to play with my 4th graders soon.

Math has been getting smoother every day, too.  Today we tried out XtraMath in the computer lab.  Students will have directions in this week's Friday Folder for how they can practice at home, too.

Our Science cells study is moving along nicely, too.  Tomorrow we will be finishing our close read of "The Cells that Make Us."  

While this post if full of random rambling, please know that we are working to make the most of each day.  My crazy expectations of nobody getting up during my lessons and not asking to go to the bathroom 9 times during the day are beginning to be understood.  From the book See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles, I am now sure that Ran's words to Fern hold true to me, too:  "All will be well."

0 comments:

Post a Comment