Monday, September 15, 2014

Make Your Mark Monday

Have you ever felt overwhelmed? These last couple weeks I have felt some strong feelings of stress. I have 2 1/2 extra hours in the day than I had in previous school years and yet my to-do list is far longer than it has ever been and the list isn't getting any shorter. My goal over the weekend was to get caught up. I'm happy to report that many of the necessary things did get done but I do still have quite the to-do list.
Today was not a day to worry about those to-do lists.  Today was a day to celebrate all of the ways that we are making our mark.  We began our community circle time with the Dot Day Song.
I had encouraged the 4th graders to celebrate their "mark on the world," by wearing polka dots today.  

Our WIN time today was spent focusing on Author's Purpose.  I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Mr. Addison's class on how authors write to persuade.  Our class worked with Miss Enloe on writing to inform.
I definitely didn't get my to-do list completed by the end of the day.  I may have even created a few more things to do...(How does that happen?)  I am doing all I can and I hope I am leaving a wonderful mark as I begin this journey at Winskill Elementary School.

0 comments:

Post a Comment