Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Works for me Wednesday

Can you believe that this is the 2nd installment of this little fe
ature?  In an effort to stick with my 3 things alliteration the last time, I am going to go with things that are working for me this week that start with Rs.

Running is working for me:
   Ran 10 miles on Monday and 5 miles this morning.  Monday's run resulted in a little rough up skin...  No biggie but I am thankful that it hasn't happened before.  4 am runs are pretty dark and I guess I need to be able to see the sidewalks a little bit better.

Reading is working for me:
  I've had some time to read some picture books, some novels, and some professional texts (including the new Instructor Magazine that came in the mail last week).  I always love the evenings when I can sit and read without interruption even if it is for just 15 minutes.  I love all those quiet reading moments.  I love getting time before I leave for summer school to sit and read the newspaper, too.

Relationships are working for me:
  The Winskill Mystery Trip gave me a chance to visit with my new co-workers.  Great time.
  I attended the CESA 3 Mentor Day with my mentor on Friday.  It was so enjoyable to visit with her and get to know more about her.  We have so much in common and I'm excited to work with her.
  The 4th grade team met on Tuesday to plan things.  I am so excited to work with this grade level team.  We really are going to be FABULOUS and FEARLESS!

After I had written this little reflection with Rs, I also thought of some things I wanted to add in here as REFLECTION....(I was stretching a little to make it fit with R).
  I have really enjoyed team teaching the enrichment portions of summer school.  I have learned so much from my co-teacher and from the students.  These last few days I have been with the IPAD/Technology class.  We worked with some fun creative apps (Lego Movie Maker and VideoStar were 2 favorites on the IPADS).  On Monday we introduced Voki.com to both the 3-5 group and the PreK-2 group and one reflection I  had after all was said and done was how creative the younger group was.  They weren't afraid to get creative with what their voki said.  They were much more willing to take risks than the older kids.
  On Tuesday I got to learn 2 new computer pieces:  Build Your Wild Self  and Tumblebooks.  I love seeing the creating that happens when technology is available.  These summer school classes have been so much fun because I have been able to be a learner as much as a teacher.

What's working for you on this wonderful Wednesday?

0 comments:

Post a Comment