Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Works for Me Wednesday

I decided that with my new blog I would also start some Weekly Topics.  Wednesday will be What Works for Me Wednesdays. Today's Works for Me Wednesday is about what works for me in finding balance.  I'm hoping that this school year will show signs of great balance as I have less of a commute.  I'm looking forward to all the ways that I can SHARE my passion.  Want to know what's been working in our summer school classroom so far?

1.  Confidence works for me
   I love confident kids.  I'm seeing lots of that in my classroom and I love it!  I wonder what the 4th graders will think when they find out the real secret to the Magic Number Wheel!

















2.  Curiosity works for me
  One of the Enrichment Classes that I am helping with is Adventureland.  The curiosity and the way that the kids are stepping up to the challenges are so exciting.



3.  Compassion works for me


  The kindness that I see from the students is so authentic and that's what I LOVE!  I also appreciate the compassion that has been shown for me as I don't always know "the routine."  I saw compassion from the kids when I forgot to give them their nametags today.  Nobody got upset---thankfully.  My day was MADE by the compassion shown by a student who gives her all and gave above and beyond with a kind note and a gift today.


Things are working for me this week and my passions continue to grow.  Thanks for being along for the journey.

Shine On!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a successful first week at Winskill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being such a big part of my great first week. I feel like I have more and more energy each day!

      Delete