Sunday, November 15, 2020

Middle of the Month Miles of Gratitude

 

Here we are, halfway through November.  I got in a few (5 to be exact) gratitude miles this weekend.  They were a combo of run/walk miles.  I would run a song and then walk a song.  


Mile 1 - Smiles

I love smiles and I miss being able to see them regularly.  I thought about how this past year has been an experience for me and my smile with my clear correct.  I want people to see my smile….it’s finally relatively straight after 15 years of having a crazy crooked bottom row.  I know people say that you can see the smiles in the eyes, but I miss seeing the teeth!  I often smile during the school day.  I think I teach better with a smile and it’s something that makes me - me - My big ol’ toothy, gummy smile.  Mile 1 was a celebration of smiles.


Mile 2 - Hope/Optimism

I tend to think positively most of the time.  Each week that I get to teach in person I get more and more excited about how things are going so well.  I tend to be one of those people who is always believing in the bright side of things.  Mile 2 was all about thinking about how the challenges of the past week and what may happen in the next few weeks as opportunities.  What could I do if…. And It would be really fun to try…..  Hope for what will be.


Mile 3 - Travel

Mile 3’s songs were Hunter Hayes songs and those always take me back to our most recent trip (April 2018) to Nashville.  It’s pretty safe to say that I am a homebody but I am thankful for the travel that we have been able to do.  While I don’t know where or when we will get to go places again, I am thankful for the travel we have done.   This mile tied right into mile 4.


Mile 4 - Memories

Oh what memories I have from vacations with my family growing up to even the Disney Cruise to celebrate my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary.  I appreciate experiences and need to focus on those memories.  I tried to decide what my favorite memory is and I decided that it’s always the next one that we are going to make.


Mile 5 - Strength

This mile wasn’t about my own strength.  As I was coming up pool hill I was grateful for the strength that both of my kids display daily.  I watch them navigate the tough world of teenagers and I am amazed at their strength.  They inspire me daily with their ability to be themselves.


If you are looking for some motivation to get miles (or any exercise) in from Thanksgiving until New Year’s Day, follow @fellowflowers to join their #ffholidaychallenge. 



photo from Findingjoy.net






0 comments:

Post a Comment