Monday, November 30, 2020

End of the November Reflection

 If you had to rate your November on a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest, what would you rate it?   I would give my month a 9.  It was a GOOD month for many reasons.  I worked toward a few small goals and am proud of the work I did with those.  School remained in person and we got a surprise snow day so both of those things made me feel good about November.  There weren't any huge, earth shattering memory making moments in November but we were able to have a few family game nights again.  Thanksgiving was very different from our usual celebration but it was really enjoyable.  

The week of Thanksgiving I shared the book Balloons Over Broadway with my students and I loved digging into the life of puppeteer Tony Sarg and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  

It made watching the parade on Thanksgiving Day have a little more purpose.  Did you watch?  I loved hearing from students today about things they saw and loved in the parade.

My goals at the beginning of November had to do with really stepping up my activity.  My goal was to hit my Garmin Step goal 25 out of 30 days.   I am happy to report that I exceeded that with 26/30 or 87%.
I hope to keep the momentum going in December.  I really do think anything over 80% is good and since December has 31 days, even 25 days would be 81% so my goal is to meet the Garmin step goal for 25 days.  

My eating was pretty dialed in for the first 3 weeks of the month.  I have been doing protein shakes for breakfast and broccoli for lunch each week day and I plan to continue those habits.  Dinner varies but I have been able to limit my snacking and have really enjoyed the smooth cottage cheese for my after school snack. 

It's time for the Fellow Flowers Holiday Challenge and that always helps me keep my exercise consistent from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day.  Today was Day 5 and I am loving seeing all the amazing ladies just killin' it for 30 minutes every day.

Now let's set make December the best month of the year!
Goals-  shakes for breakfast, veggies for lunch, protein for snack, and a reasonable dinner each day.
Keep logging what I eat with MyFitnessPal.
Meet my step goal at least 25 days this month.
Do some other fun workouts...maybe lift a few weights or add 8 Minute Abs back into my routine.

I really enjoyed my gratitude miles each week on November so I am going to find a way to continue to reflect on gratitude during my runs, too.  

If you've read this far, THANKS!  Here's to a DAZZLING December.





0 comments:

Post a Comment