Thursday, March 31, 2016

This Week's News


As a little girl, one of my favorite books was The Little Engine that Could.  I knew it by heart.  As my mom would read I would whisper, “I think I can, I think I can.”  As I got older I used those words so many times to help me through situations.  Maybe you’ve done that yourself.  Can I tell you something though (I’m going to tell you anyway.)?     Sometimes we just need someone else to tell us that we can do it.  With the upcoming Forward Exam, please take time each morning to encourage your 4th grader.  I know they CAN do it and I will tell them, too, but hearing it from you might be just the thing they need.  We have had some fabulous days together this week.  I am so proud of the hard work that has been done.  Our reading story work focused on the 1906 Earthquake in San Francisco.  Students went above and beyond what we were doing in the classroom.  One student brought in photos she had found on the internet and additional facts.  A group of students began writing a collaborative historical fiction story.  Great things are happening and I can’t wait to meet with families at conferences.

Upcoming Events:
Thursday, April 7 – Evening Parent/Teacher Conferences
Friday, April 8 – No student attendance – Morning Parent/Teacher Conferences
Monday, April 11 – FOW Movie Night ---Zootopia at Grantland Theater
Thursday, April 14 – UWP Farm Field Trip
Thursday, April 14 ----For parents-----Andrew Gribble Presentation at Hillery Auditorium ---7 p.m.

Friday, April 15 – Andrea Gribble Presentation for 4th graders

Check out our newsletter HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment