Saturday, May 1, 2021

May Day

 I absolutely love the possibilities of NEW!   New month - awesome.  New Week - love it!  New day--sweet opportunites.  New shoes---even better 😜   But seriously.  There is something amazing about NEW and all that it represents.  


This month I am working on focusing on some new habits that will hopefully bring me closer to my goals, but before I move on to the new, I'd love to reflect on what's been happening in the last month.

April is a big birthday month at our house.  Both Kate and Will celebrated during April.  I cannot believe that I have been a mom for 17 years.  That seems so unreal to me especially since I really do often still feel 30.  



April brought about Kate's first college visit.  She loved everything about Marian University.  April brought about the beginning of spring sports:  soccer and track.  



April was a good reading month for me.  I finished Bravey, Outliers, and You're Not Enough.  I'm excited for my list of to be read titles for May.  

I made it to my step goal 23 days out of 30.  While I wish I had met the 80%, I am okay with what it was.


I have some big goals in terms of money and running/health this month.   I'm determined to stick to the budget this month.  It means I need to avoid buying anything new that isn't necessary.  Like I said at the beginning of  this post, I LOVE new....it's going to be hard not to buy new things but I know that I don't need things. I'm going to take this one week at a time.  I'll try and check in about it each week.  We are taking a Financial Peach course. Have you ever taken one?  Are you familiar with Dave Ramsey?  I'd love to hear from you about this if you have experience.
My health/ running goals are pretty typical.  I want to meet my step goal at least 80% of the days.  I'd like to run 25 miles or more each week.  I'm going to drink water daily (that's really hard for me....I rarely drink water).  I have about 6 weeks until Made to Move.  I'm working toward a 54 miinutes 10K.
I hope to help my kids feel strong and confident in their final month of this school year.  I think this is so hard.  This week I watched frustration and sadness show in both my kids.  Things in this world are telling them they aren't enough....other kids, coaches, teachers.  It sucks to watch them experience disappointment.  I know I can't keep them from it, but I hope I can teach them how to overcome it!



Today's the first day of the new month and I got out there for 5 miles to kick things off.  The weather is beautiful.  
What goals do you have for May?



0 comments:

Post a Comment