Monday, March 11, 2019

Spring Break Reflections

Spring Break 2019 was spent in our nation's capitol.  It was a wonderful and full 9 days!  

It wrapped up with a 13.1 run through Washington, DC!










If you asked Kate what her favorite thing was it wouldn't surprise me if she said it was the Starbuck's on every corner.  Many mornings started with a carmel frappacino. 



We loved our Moonlight and Memorials Tour but wish it had been a little warmer.  My feel were so cold that I din't know if they would every warm up!  It felt like I was walking on ice blocks.









Wednesday we did Ford's Theater and the Holocaust Museum.  I had been looking forward to the Holocaust Museum and it did not disappoint.  While it is a somber topic, I cannot imagine it having been done any better.






Here's a recap of what we saw while we were there:
Sunday
National Cathedral
National Geographic Museum (Egypt)
Black Finn

Monday
National Archives
Capitol
National Mall/ Smithsonians (air and space, natural history)
Ted's Bulletin

Tuesday
Arlington National Cemetery
The Pentagon
911 Memorial

Wednesday
Ford's Theater
Holocaust Museum
Moonlight and Memorials Tour
Georgia Brown's

Thursday
Race Expo
Black Finn with the Davies Family

Friday
American History and African American Museums
Bozzelli's Deli

Saturday
RACE Day!

I hope to add some more trip reflection and thoughts to this post but wanted to get a few things out there before I forget!


0 comments:

Post a Comment