Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Word work with our spelling words

This week all of our spelling words are COMPOUND words.  Today it was time to use those words in a creative story.  Here's one example from our fabulous 4th grade author, Madelyn:
Crazy Day 
    Somebody put their toothbrush nearby. The fireplace was on fire so I had to put it out.
I was going to school.   Since I missed my mom and dad I got homesick.

I had a vision and passed out. I dreamed I was in a make – believe fairy tale.                                                  
   Anything was bad. I finally woke up it was already time to go home.  My mom asked how my day was.  And I said it was all right. I said good bye and my forehead hurts because I passed out.  The reason I passed out is because my classmate hit me.our power went out because of the storm. So I had to get a flashlight .when the storm was done I had to go get my haircut. The barber was twenty-two. But my hair looked horrible .we came back home and parked our car in the driveway. My alarm clack went off for no reason .so I had to turn it off. Since my mom had to go to work I had to baby-sit my baby brother .my mom worked at the airport the mailbox broke because I was going to cheek it. I never want a day like this in forever.



0 comments:

Post a Comment