Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Spelling Word Work Stories

Today I changed up the word work rotation.  We are working with short u and long u vowel sounds this week.   We've done similar word work activities for about 5 weeks so today I challenged the class to use ALL their words in a story.  The story could be a little silly but had to make sense.  Check out some of their writing pieces and feel free to leave a comment or 2!

    One day I was stuck in the brush.  Then a bunch of monkeys started chasing me!  Who would rescue me?  I got a clue about why they were chasing me when I realized that I had bananas and some other fruit.  I even had a crumb of bread.  The crew of monkeys was amused.  Why?  They seemed to be arguing in between their laughs.  Suddenly I heard a tune.  It was coming from a juice stand.  I refused to stop moving because the monkeys were still behind me.  I tried to call 911 but they thought I wasn't telling the truth.  I saw a car trunk open at the junk yard as I ran past.  I also passed a store that sold suits.  Finally I got away but I slipped on the morning dew and I also said something rude to the monkeys.  Trust me, it happened!
                                                                                 Story by Brady

    I have a bunch of toys in my room but in the kitchen all you will find is fruit or juice.  I argue with my brother sometimes when I have been eating cookies or donuts because I normally leave a crumb or two.  I refuse to clean up the mess my brother leaves from eating.  My class at school is often called a crew.  During our time in music we have been known to make a beautiful tune.  I must tell you the truth.  I need a clue to solved the riddle of the car trunk.  It may not seem too difficult but it seems to amuse my brother.  I've told you quite a bit about my brother and you need to know that once he wore a suit to school.  It's important that you know about my family.  I trust my mom with all of my secrets.  My  dad drinks Mountain Dew.  I am stuck in the middle between my older brother and my younger brother.  It is common for me to rescue my little brother especially after I brush my teeth at night.
                                                                                  Story by Brooklyn

     There were a bunch of people at the football game including quite a crew of fans.  I heard a familiar tune so I turned around.  The man behind me offered me some juice.  I refused to move from that seat in the stands because it was the best seat.  Along with the man who offered me juice there was a bunch of fruit.  The referees called a holding flag but the truth was an offsides so the other team was upset.  I brushed the crumbs from the chips I'd eaten from my lap.  I drank some Mountain Dew.  As I watched I thought that the referee had no clue who won.  There was a man who began to argue with the ref about the game.  A young kid was amused as he watched but I thought it was rude.  I trust the referees and I knew he would be okay when I watched him put his gear into the trunk of his car and drive away.
                                                                                Story by Aidan

We are working toward our 5 "wins" in a row on our Arrow scoreboard and today we got win #1.  Here's to all the great work that keeps happening as we are Running Through 4th Grade!

0 comments:

Post a Comment