Thursday, September 24, 2015

Newsletter for the Week

How can it be that another week is complete?  Our time in 4th grade just goes so quickly!  We are falling into routines and most of them are good.  I have to share with you a little experience that I had recently.  As you know, I love to run.  It gave me great pleasure to get to go and watch a dear friend run her first ½ marathon last week.  She did an AMAZING job.  She finished in an hour and 48 minutes.  I was so happy for her and I was thrilled to be there to see her finish.  Then my own self-talk started.  I began berating myself for my recent ½ finish time.   I said things like, “You obviously didn’t try your best.  You are so slow.  Why do you bother when so many other people are faster and stronger?”  After stewing in my thoughts for a bit, I realized that each of us has our own unique brand of being.   That’s what is so great.  In our classroom we get to celebrate what is making each of us our own and I have to tell you that there are 24 awesomesauce, bombtastic 4th graders that I get to celebrate learning with every day.  If you would like to follow along with more of our learning, check out our facebook page or blog.

You can read the rest of the NEWSLETTER HERE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment