Thursday, April 30, 2015

Newsletter for the Week

As many of you may know I like to call myself a runner.   I truly love to run.   When I get a spare amount of time I will choose to run.  Last Saturday I ran my first race of the year.  I ran a pretty decent race and I was okay with my finish.  As I was driving home that day I came down the hill near Ellenboro.  Do you know the hill I mean?  It is one of my favorite hills to run.  I used to run from Lancaster to Platteville every weekend and that hill was something I really looked forward to because it is such a challenge.  I haven’t run that hill in a LONG time and so when I went to Platteville on Wednesday evening I parked the car right near that little Ellenboro Garage.  I stood at the bottom of the hill looking up.  I started up the hill and then had to stop.  The hill is pretty steep and I was nervous (and maybe even a little bit scared).  I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to run up the hill like I used to. Every now and then we all need to try running up those big hills.  When we do those difficult things, we realize what we are capable of.  This school year has been full of challenges but we have made it (almost)!  We have tackled the unknowns of the Badger Exam (just have another week left of them).  We have completed our final STAR tests.  We can do this. Don’t be afraid to try running up those big hills!  What a great feeling it is to be able to look back down the hill once the challenge has been met!

We worked with a grammar review this week.  Our grammar creatures turned out well and we know we can teach you a bit about prepositions and adverbs!  Social studies time was used to review biographies and then we created a Biography Brochure to share what we had learned about our famous people.  We included text and graphic features to review our reading skill from last week (maps, photos, timelines, etc.).  Math Unit 7 is wrapped up and we will review Monday for our test on Tuesday.

This week's newsletter is HERE.


2 comments: