Sunday, January 4, 2015

Have You Chosen Your WORD?

(pic from http://www.justaonegirlrevolution.com)
Welcome to 2015!  As a teacher I get to start a new year 2 times a year:  once on January 1 and a 2nd time when the school year begins.  I love that I get 2 chances each year!  It's a chance for a clean slate.  Everything is shiny and new as we begin 2015.  I've been in the classroom to clean things up and get everything looking good.   All the plans are in place for the first week back and we are going to be COURAGEOUS in all that we do.   With that being said, let's be realistic, too.  I've made a plan for how I'm going to show courage every day.  I'm going to build momentum day by day one small action at a time!  I believe that we can all do it.  We can achieve great things but we must take the small steps.  Here are some of the things I'm going to do each and every day to keep my courage strong:
*Make a daily to-do list (oh, how this has helped me!!!   I've also had to learn to let some things on the list go unfinished and just rewrite them on the next day's list.)
*DRINK WATER (this one is huge for me.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my diet orange sunkist....  Water is a much better choice.)
*Read for pleasure.
*Move and be active to hit my fitbit goal every day.
*Smile.

I know that a new year is a new chance for improvement.  We won't miss out on this great opportunity.  I can't wait to welcome my fabulous 4th graders back to school tomorrow.  Be sure to check back and see how our first week back is going.  Until then, SHINE ON!


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and a happy new year! I almost forgot what we last did in school!! I can't wait to start school!

    ReplyDelete