Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Gifts to My Heart

 August was a month filled with many blessings.  I am going into September with a full heart!  

I'd like to share with you some of  the gifts to my heart.

The last year and a half has really changed my connection to "my people"  but during August I had so many perfect opportunities to connect with some of my favorite people.  Those connections are so necessary and it truly was an important part of my month.  While there is a part of me that liked (maybe even loved) being able to be home instead of having plans, I have been seriously missing out on what used to be...

In August I got to run with some of my #FFCREW.  It felt SO good to see them and hug them and spend time catching up with conversations! 






And did I mention the Crumbl Cookies?  

That simple couple hours was so important to my recharging and it wasn't the only thing that was life-giving.  

I spent a few days that same week in Madison.  I tried new to me foods.  I spent time sitting....yep, just slowing down and sitting. Time walking slowly along the water of Lake Monona. It was a gift to my heart in so many ways.



I also got a new pair of running shoes from Movin' Shoes.  New shoes always make my heart happy!

And then I got to enjoy more time with Michelle as we ran the Alzheimer's Half Marathon.  We were 1st and 2nd in our age group!    

We got a medal for the run, a 2nd medal for placing in our age group, and the Made to Move Summer Challenge Finisher Medal.


This summer lover is just a little sad to know that tomorrow brings a new month filled with all the crazy of new school routines and stressors, but my heart is happy and full.

Don't for a minute think that there weren't really hard and stressful things in August, too.  I am trying to choose how I feel and what I focus on so you get to share in my blessings.  I hope you will take some time to count yours, too!

August Miles run:  120.3

August Step goal %:  29/31 - 94%




I started the month with a slow, steady 10 mile run and I finished the month with an early morning 4 miler at a pace I haven't seen in over a year.  That gives me hope for a sub 2 half SOON --maybe September, maybe October but definitely before 2021 ends!


Dreamer:  To embrace the challenge and welcome new beginnings.


Here's to all that the 2021-2022 school year will bring.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment